Join Special Olympics Australia for a free live webinar series and learn practical strategies to include people with autism in your sport, physical education or recreation programs.
You'll be able to engage directly with experts and people with lived experience of autism and increase your toolkit of knowledge, resources and practical applications to improve your confidence in delivering inclusive programming.
This series of webinars are for sport coaches, administrators, teachers, educators, students, disability support workers and any front line delivers of sport, recreation and PE who want to be more inclusive in their practice, especially with people with autism.
Delivered in partnership with Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV), the series of six webinars will extend the online training module, "An Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder", provided via Special Olympics Australia’s dedicated online learning platform, SOA Learn.
This webinar series includes:
Note: captioning provided
Webinar #5: Creating an Inclusive Club and Environment
- Daniel Munter (ICAN Network)
- Stephen Lawley (Special Olympics Australia Athlete Leader)
- Kellie Tait (Founder of AAA Sports Ballarat, Sport Inclusion Consultant and parent of a child with autism),
- Liz Gosper (Head Coach / Director Inclusive Sports Training, Special Needs Teacher and Project Inclusion Leader at Triathlon Victoria),
- Andre Ascui (2020 Para Road Cycling National Champion, Triathlete and Inclusion and Diversity Coordinator at Cricket Victoria)
Date: Monday 17 August 2020 | Time: 1:30pm - 3:00pm AEST
Further dates will be confirmed and advertised shortly. Webinars are expected to roll out fortnightly.
Places are limited. BOOK NOW (via Eventbrite)
Download a PDF flyer of this webinar here.
For further details contact Sarah Wheadon | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve missed out or would like to refresh on any earlier webinars, you can access all webinars, resources, and certificates of learning by logging into our online learning platform, SOA Learn